DC/DC power modules are implemented with the idea of switching power supplies, and their principles are no different. The advantages of the DC-DC power module are mainly reflected in small size, high conversion efficiency, and better stability. The switching power supply can achieve greater power, and the cost of the switching power supply is relatively small, but the volume is relatively large, the conversion efficiency is low, and the stability is not as high as the power module.
DC-DC has two kinds of buck and boost. Here, only buck is mentioned. For example, if you input 10V to DC-DC, there is an oscillator and chopper module inside DC-DC, for example, to allow for a period of time. 10V pass, 10V pass is not allowed in another time period (equal to 0v). There is a capacitor at the output for filtering. As long as the capacitance is large enough, the result is equal to calculus the middle pulse waveform and output a 5V DC waveform.
This step-down process, in contrast to the voltage regulator module, avoids the consumption of power on the buck module to a greater extent, and the internal oscillating portion controls its duty cycle to change the output voltage (in the range of 10V). Make its output constant (such as a DC-DC power supply module specified input range is 6V to 16V, output 5V, as long as it is in this input range, the output is 5v error only zero point a few volts, and the voltage regulator module The output has a linear relationship with the input voltage. The output voltage of the input 7V is different from the output voltage of the input 14V.
Advantages of using power modules
Different vendors offer a variety of different module power supplies in the market, and the input voltage, output power, function and topology of different products are different. Nowadays, the market for power modules is relatively mature, and there are many standard products that can quickly help electronic designers to quickly complete the power supply design circuit of the products. In the design of the product, Pengtu Power Supply Co., Ltd. designs and manufactures products according to industry standards, and can adapt to the demand for power modules in most cases. At the same time, according to the actual requirements of customers, the products will be transformed and optimized to meet the individual needs of customers as much as possible.
The use of power modules saves development time and allows products to be brought to market faster, so power modules outperform integrated solutions. The power module mainly has the following advantages:
● Small size. Because the power module is also a kind of switching power supply, it uses a more integrated PCB board and components. With reasonable layout and design, it has a great advantage in volume, which may effectively reduce the development product. volume of.
• Each module can be individually rigorously tested to ensure its high reliability, including power-on testing to eliminate substandard products. In contrast, an integrated solution is harder to test because the entire power system is tied to other functional systems on the circuit. Each power module is also subjected to rigorous high temperature testing and aging, and the product performance is stable.
● Different suppliers can design modules of the same size according to existing technical standards, providing engineers with different options for designing power supplies. It is possible to change the pin name and volume shape of the product according to the characteristics of your product, and to meet the needs of customers to a greater extent.
● The power module is more efficient than the switching power supply, which can effectively reduce energy consumption. Efficient conversion and making the target product more competitive. It is also more in line with the current energy-saving development requirements for environmentally friendly products.
● Each module is designed and tested in accordance with standard performance requirements to help reduce the risk of adopting new technologies.
● Easy to use and high maintenance efficiency. If an integrated solution is used, once the power supply system has problems, the entire motherboard needs to be replaced. If the modular design is used, the problem module can be replaced, which can save cost and development time.
● The products of the power module are generally encapsulated and sealed, and the products are not easily affected by external influences such as smoke and vibration. Better adapt to different usage environments.
Pengtu Power has nearly 10 years of experience in power module design, with good product performance, stable quality and high cost performance. It is an ideal choice for your power module products!
In summary, the use of power modules instead of ordinary switching power supplies can significantly enhance competitiveness and earn sufficient time for the development of your follow-up work.